Contrary to popular belief, fermenting foods is a simple process. But it needs to be done correctly, and there’s no better person to inform us about managing microbial bacteria to produce highly nutritious food. In fact, with Sandor Ellix Katz as their guide, viewers will find fermentation is much more than just a way of preserving food: it’s a method of self-sufficiency, a crucial historical component to all agricultural movements, and utterly delicious.This intimate workshop and interview will prove invaluable both for total beginners and longtime fermentation lovers. The DVD includes:
- The history of fermentation and culturing
- Information about microorganisms and pre-digestion
- Demonstrations on making kefir and sauerkraut
- Tips on fermentation vessels and storage
- The truth about food safety (botulism, surface mold, and other fears de-mystified)
And more…Complete with cultural commentary, practical preparation guidance (including recipes), and a demonstration for just-right sauerkraut-and featuring an extended interview with Katz-this video is perfect for food-lovers of any kind.
There are no reviews yet.