Cut and come again forestry – reviving the ancient practice of resprout silviculture to power local woodland-based economies.
Contextualising resprout silviculture historically, ecologically, and economically, Coppice Agroforestry explores the potential of this ancient practice for modern times. Coverage includes:
- The cultural history of coppicing in Europe and North America
- Tree and shrub anatomy, biology, and woodland ecology
- A suite of woodland management systems
- Dozens of handcrafted wood products on a continuum of value, offering a wide range of business opportunities
- Case studies of diverse coppice-based enterprises
- Assessing existing forests for coppice potential
- Designing new resprout silviculture systems
- Tables highlighting diverse species for various uses
- A vision of a modern resprout silviculture renaissance.
Check out more at coppiceagroforestry.com
New Society Publishers
Softcover, b&w illustrations and photos throughout, also with colour section, 566 pages.
About the Author
Mark Krawczyk is an applied ecologist, educator and grower practicing permaculture design, agroforestry, natural building, traditional woodworking, and small scale forestry. He owns and operates Keyline Vermont LLC, providing farmers, homeowners, and homesteaders with education, design and consulting services. He and his wife also manage Valley Clayplain Forest Farm, a 52-acre agroforestry farm in New Haven, Vermont.
There are no reviews yet.